Didcot Town Council provides your local services. We strive to make Didcot a better place to live, work and play. Our website includes a wealth of information about how we conduct business and what we do. Use the search or browse the site to find whatever you are looking for. If you can't find the information you require then please contact us.
Residents have been warned to be on their guard against criminals and scammers exploiting the coronavirus situation.
In Oxfordshire, County Council's Trading Standards has received reports of scams targeting people via emails, text messages, and on the doorstep.
Full details and advice from OCC Trading Standards team here:
Posted: Fri, 03 Apr 2020 16:05 by Admin Assistant
During this period, we all find ourselves in unprecedented times.
Didcot Town Council's top priority is the safety of our staff and members of the public.
The Council continues to operate, but some services may experience interruption.
Our office staff are working from home where possible; outdoor staff are doing the necessary to ensure the open spaces remain safe - and Council Meetings are currently suspended until the Government allows us to meet remotely to continue essential Council business. More »
I would like to take this opportunity to thank key workers that continue to work on the front line, especially the NHS & emergency services.
Thanks also to all the local charities and individuals who are working hard to help the vulnerable in our community. These are difficult times, but together we will get through this.
Mayor for Didcot » Less
Posted: Thu, 02 Apr 2020 16:30 by Admin Assistant
After the Didcot Town Council's Covid-19 Crisis Management meeting on Monday 30th March 2020, the updates are as follows:
- DTC and Civic Hall to remain closed until at least 30th April 2020.
- DTC services still open but only by phone and email. All DTC staff working from home. See https://www.didcot.gov.uk/
- DTC's Covid-19 Action Plan in operation. Civic Hall will be available for our emergency services to use if and when needed.
- Local charities, organisations and volunteer groups are being contacted to see how we can the Council can help. Grants available and can be applied for – see our website.
- Physical Council and committee meetings postponed until further notice. Decisions are being made by using emergency powers or delegated powers or by email or 'virtual meetings' where possible.
- Chair of Planning is to write to SODC asking for planning applications to be paused or deadlines extended to allow proper scrutiny of applications.
- Parks are still open but all playgrounds are closed.
- Didcot Summer Fayre planned for 1st August 2020 is now sadly postponed until 7th August 2021 where we will host a mega Fayre.
Thanks for your support and cooperation. Please remember to follow the Government's advice and 'Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives'. More »
Cllr Mocky Khan
Leader of Didcot Town Council » Less
Posted: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:22 by Lucy Blake