Driving Miss Daisy
Who are Driving Miss Daisy Didcot?
Driving Miss Daisy are an internationally successful companion driving service. Our Didcot based service centre is an independent franchise partner, owned by a local couple and supports Didcot and surrounding Oxfordshire areas.
We provide a much needed and valued service bridging the gap between taxis, public transport and voluntary agencies; and primarily helping senior citizens, families and vulnerable people.
Our companion drivers collect people from their door, drive them to their destination, provide whatever help they may require and take them safely back home.
Are your vehicles Wheelchair accessible?
Yes, all our vehicles are mobility enabled and accessible to all wheelchair types (Powerchairs, Mobility Scooters). Each can carry up to 3 passengers and one wheelchair and have ample cargo space too.
What sort of things do you help with?
There is an increasing need to support various members of our communities and help them stay independent and safe. In just 18 months we have grown from one 'Daisy' vehicle, and soon to be licensing our fourth.
Example support services include, but are not limited to:
- Senior citizens who want to maintain their independence
- Parents requiring help taking children to/from after school activities
- Organisations who need to take people to/from appointments or activities
- People with disabilities or specialist needs
- Attending medical appointments or carrying out prescription collections
- Combating loneliness
Do you always need to drive somewhere?
No, Driving Miss Daisy was established initially to help vulnerable people with transport, getting out and about and being with them as required. However, our team consists of both drivers and companions, or a combination of both. Therefore, if you would just like someone to come round to your own home and keep you company, we can do that too.
How do you differ from other accessible travel companies or taxi services?
We offer added value which other organisations can't, such as:
- Meeting the client directly at their door, we will not just 'toot' and wait outside
- Settling them into their homes with a cuppa tea or a snack if required
- Communicating with parents/carers that their child is safely collected and dropped off
- Assisting and accompanying vulnerable people to and from the vehicle, to and from their destination and, if required, staying with them for an appointment or a fun day out or activity.
What are your prices?
As each client's needs and journeys are different, we do not have set rates like a taxi company might. Our team will take time to fully understand the client's requirements and levels of support such as transport only, companionship, waiting time and, of course, mileage.
However, rest assured, our pricing is very competitive – you'll be surprised at how cost-effective our service is.
Clients are invited to contact us for a bespoke, no obligation quote tailored to your individual needs.
What else can you tell us about you?
To help people to live life to the full and stay independent by encouraging social interaction, providing companionship and driving services.
Our client's needs will be paramount around everything we do.
Travel Partners and Affiliates
- Silver Travel Advisor
- Enable Holidays
- Mind For Your Holidays
- Options Supported Holidays
- Dementia Adventure
- Limitless Travel
Proud to be supporting:
- SCAS (South Central Ambulance Service) Patient Transport Services
- Oxfordshire County Council Mainstream School Transport
- Oxfordshire County Council Special Educational Needs
- Oxfordshire County Council Social Care
Watch this YouTube video link https://bit.ly/3goDkZ3 to learn more about what we do.
Don't take our word for it, read our 5 star customer reviews here: https://bit.ly/3xhoR6i
How can you be contacted?
Please use any of the following contact methods:
Telephone 07308 475489
Visit us 48 Wantage Road, Didcot, OX11 0BT
Social Media https://www.facebook.com/DrivingMissDaisyDidcot