Didcot Town Council's COVID-19 Crisis Management meeting update
After the Didcot Town Council's Covid-19 Crisis Management meeting on Monday 30th March 2020, the updates are as follows:
- DTC and Civic Hall to remain closed until at least 30th April 2020.
- DTC services still open but only by phone and email. All DTC staff working from home. See https://www.didcot.gov.uk/
- DTC's Covid-19 Action Plan in operation. Civic Hall will be available for our emergency services to use if and when needed.
- Local charities, organisations and volunteer groups are being contacted to see how we can the Council can help. Grants available and can be applied for – see our website.
- Physical Council and committee meetings postponed until further notice. Decisions are being made by using emergency powers or delegated powers or by email or 'virtual meetings' where possible.
- Chair of Planning is to write to SODC asking for planning applications to be paused or deadlines extended to allow proper scrutiny of applications.
- Parks are still open but all playgrounds are closed.
- Didcot Summer Fayre planned for 1st August 2020 is now sadly postponed until 7th August 2021 where we will host a mega Fayre.
Thanks for your support and cooperation. Please remember to follow the Government's advice and 'Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives'.
Cllr Mocky Khan
Leader of Didcot Town Council
Posted: Tue, 31 Mar 2020 10:22 by Office Services Manager